Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Hiatus

I've been off my bike trails this past couple of weeks.  And with the way things are going, looks like I'll be off them bike trails for a couple weeks more.  Truth is I'm stuck here in Manila trying to look good to the bosses so I can continue working in the province.  It's difficult because I rarely get to go out.  Not because I can't, but because I don't want to.  I've lived in Manila long enough to know that commuting will take up at least 50% of my time when I go out.  Pretty expensive too!



When I have to go out of my apartment and spend my day outside, I shell out at least a thousand bucks.  An amount that would tide me over for at least a week in Butuan.  Maybe it's my fault.  I don't really skimp when it comes to food.  As much as possible I go for other country cuisines.  If a restaurant is a miss, for example, I have no qualms about not finishing my food and go look for another resto.  Just the other day I went to Metro Metro to look around, you know, kill the boredom before it kills me, and I decided to try out Sen Lek, a Thai joint in Food Choices.  I ordered their Qwai Tiew soup and Green Chicken Curry.  Epic fail.  The soup was thin, just half a level up a dirty sock soup, while the curry was freaking sweet, literally!  Worst Thai meal I've had.  I decided to bail and went to a Japanese chain instead-- Sushi King, and ordered Tuna sashimi and Katsudon.  It was ok but not great.  I've already reined in my expectation so I wasn't disappointed much.  I expected the Tuna to not be so fresh.  Two very small slices @ Php75.  Wow, I could just jump off a cliff.

Anyway, more of my food adventures in my next posts.  Here's the view from my prison for the next two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment