Thursday, March 21, 2013

End Of The Road

I woke up today determined to put some road mileage behind me.  For some unknown reason, I was very ambitious in my plans-- I figured I'd bike for at least 3 hours on my Manapa trail.  Shower, then eat lots of protein and vegetables.  Exercise and then eat healthy-- the lifestyle of champions. Meh.

Then it rained.  And everything was perfect for an epic ride.

As it turned out, I was only able to bike for an hour and a half.  Not my fault though.  I simply ran out of roads!  Can you imagine?  I felt like I was Forrest Gump staring at the sea in a harbor with no more roads to run.  In this area, people have to ride a motorized banca to cross to the other side.

The wet road was outstanding though.  Lots of potholes and puddles and mud.  My labandera would kill me once she sees the mess I made with my clothes.

The cool thing about the Manapa trail is that you're riding beside the sea.  Along with a beach trail though are the challenges posed by the sand.  If you're not careful, you could hit a soft patch and find yourself rolling in the dirt.  There's also the temptation to always be looking at the ebbs and flows of the sea.

I went home soiled, soaked, and grinning from ear to ear.  I got to bike in the rain.  I'm a happy camper.


No comments:

Post a Comment