Friday, March 22, 2013

Friday Break

No mountain biking for me today.  I got roused up really early this morning by an overzealous gopher who just had to follow my  brother's order.  He's only the messenger of course but still, my zzzz got interrupted.  I had to stay up for another 30 minutes just to feel drowsy again.  I went back to bed and passed out.  I didn't get up for another 5 hours.  By the time I got up, the day was almost done.  At least for most folks.  My day however, has yet to begin.

A Little Insight On What I Do

As mentioned in my About Me page, I am in the BPO industry.  Don't imagine me with headsets getting a talking down from some irate customer.  I don't do that.  I am in the non-voice part of that complicated industry.  Yep, it's complicated.  Fortunately, and at the same time, unfortunately, I report to a boss in the US.  We do have an office in Manila but since I am not required to report there, I can bloody well work anywhere as long as there's a stable internet connection.  The unfortunate part is that I have to follow US holidays, as well as US time.  Thus, in a town where people start dozing off at 9 in the evening, I am still happily banging my laptop until the wee hours of the morning.  This goes without saying that I don't get to have normal holidays as well.  If it ain't a holiday in the US, then it ain't a holiday for me.  So there you go.

But I think even if my sleep wasn't interrupted, I don't think I'll go out biking.  I just felt really heavy earlier and my pad was a mess.  So I opted to do a little laundry, clean up a little, and just enjoy the hours before I start working.

Still a fine day I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment